Women in Computer Science (WICS) is dedicated to promoting women who are interested in studying computer science and who seek to pursue careers in computing. Specifically, the mandate of the committee is:
- To build an environment in the School of Computer Science where women are supported in their work and studies.
- To ensure that young women entering university see computer science as an option.
- To connect to outside organizations and events for women in computer science.
Check out our 2018-2019 activities!
- Meet-up for incoming women in CS • July 19, 2018
- Orientation for incoming women in CS • September 9, 2018
- Big CSters Mentorship • Ongoing
- WiCS Circles • Ongoing
- Technical Interview Workshops • Ongoing
- Grace Hopper Celebration 2018 • September 26–28, 2018
- Can-CWIC 2018 • November 2–3, 2018
- Sexism Response Workshop
Scholarships and bursaries
Check out the growing list of scholarships and bursaries that are aimed specifically at women who are studying computer science.
WiCS Undergrad Committee
WiCS has a very active undergrad committee that runs a number of events throughout the year, including the Big CSters Mentoring program, technical workshops, a speaker series, and panels and discussions about diversity in computer science and STEM.
Join our mailing list to find out what's happening throughout the year and how you can participate in our monthly meetings. Sign up.
With thanks and gratitude our industrial partners.
Platinum-level sponsor — $25,000
Gold-level sponsors — $10,000
Grace Hopper Conference sponsor
Generous funding from MEF provides supports so students can attend the annual Grace Hopper Conference.