Transfer into BBA/BCS Double Degree
The BBA/BCS Double Degree program is direct-entry only. Students interested in this program must apply (or reapply if already a current UW student) as outlined in our "Future Undergraduates: Apply|Admissions" page.
However, students already in the BBA/BMath Double Degree program can change their BMath into BCS transfering into CS. More information can be found on the transfer to CS page.
Transfer out of BBA/BCS Double Degree
First, discuss your plan to transfer to BCS single degree with the BBA/BCS DD advisor to confirm whether this is the right decision for you. Note that returning to BBA/BCS from BCS single degree is not possible after the paperwork has been processed. Please contact us if you have any questions on the transfer process.
UW-based BBA/BCS transferring to BCS single degree co-op
- Who: UW-based BBA/BCS students
- How: If you would like to switch from BBA/BCS to BCS single degree, then please complete a plan modification form and send it back to the BBA/BCS DD advisors.
- When: The add deadline is the cutoff date for a transfer being effective during the current term. After the add deadline, the transfer can only take effect at the start of the next term. Ignore the dates otherwise noted on the plan mod form.
- Co-op: As a UW-based student, you can keep your co-op.
WLU based BBA/BCS transferring to BCS single degree regular or co-op
- Who: WLU-based BBA/BCS students
- WLU-based BBA/BCS students must have completed all first-year academic progression requirements (below), be in good standing, and achieve 60%+ in CS 136* before they are eligible to apply for transfer to single degree BCS at UW.
- First-year academic progression requirements for DD are below and must be completed by August 31 of their first year (e.g., if you started school September 2022, then you must complete your progression requirements by August 31, 2023):
- Cumulative average of all courses must be 60%+
- Complete the Communication Skills course (60%+) before 2A
- Ideally, you should complete CS115/135, CS116 and/or 136* (+136L), Math 15, Math 16, Math 17, and Math 18.
- Complete at least 10 distinct courses, with maximum 3 repeats in total and maximum 1 repeat for any course
- Minimum GPA of 7.0 in BU111 and BU121
- Minimum GPA of 5.0 in non-BU courses from both UW and WLU
- You must complete BU 111, 121 (first attempts of these courses must be completed by April 30), and EC 120 and 140
- Complete the "Laurier double degree students interested in transferring to Waterloo" form.
- When: The deadline to complete the above form is the first day of the month before the start of the next term.
- December 1 (for winter term admission)
- April 1 (for spring term admission)
- August 1 (for fall term admission)
- Co-op: As a WLU student, you will lose co-op by default. However, if you are in your 1B term (i.e.g, you have no more than 6.0 units completed, including transfer credits when applying), then can apply to UW coop at the same time as transfering to single degree BCS at UW. For more information on co-op and the application process, please go to the "transfering into co-op" page. Please be aware that applications to transfer to co-op are due on the last day of lectures each term and co-op is not guaranteed.