When we make our admissions decisions, we look at other factors in addition to grades. Some examples of what you can include on your AIF are:
- Talents, interests, and hobbies
- Dreams, goals, and aspirations
- Volunteer and work experience
- Favourite book, film, movie, etc.
- Membership in any clubs or associations
- Portfolio of personal projects (e.g. mobile apps, website, game development)
- Level of proficiency in programming languages
- Participation in computing, math, or other competitions
- Awards and accomplishments
- Special circumstances you want considered during the admissions process
|If you've applied to||Deadline|
||March 18, 2016|
- If you submit your AIF before the deadline, you may be eligible to receive early admission
- Applicants for winter terms – if we require you to complete the AIF, we will email the form to you.
- Your AIF is available on Quest – Waterloo's online student information form
- Note: If you've already viewed your application on Quest, then log in to Quest and begin at Step 3.
|Steps||What you will need to do|
Before you can log in to Quest, you need to create your user ID and password by activating your account on WatIAM.
To activate your account, you’ll need the following information:
To activate your account, select "Need to activate your account?" on the WatIAM login page. Enter the information requested and follow the steps to obtain your user ID and password.
Important: You will need your user ID and password in order to log into Quest to complete your AIF and check the status of your application. Be sure to keep this information in a safe and accessible place.
|2: Log in to Quest||
Once you’ve activated your user ID and password, you’ll be able to log in to Quest and submit your Admission Information Form or check your application status.
Note: To log into Quest, you will need your user ID – not your Waterloo ID number. Your user ID will be up to 8 characters and will be a combination of your first and last name. Your Waterloo ID number is an 8-digit number that starts with a 2 and that was sent to you in the email acknowledging your application to Waterloo.
|3: Student center||
In Quest – view your application and access the AIF link.
View How do I fill out my AIF? instructions.
|4: AIF||Begin completing and submitting your answers to the AIF questions by the deadline.|
- You’ll find instructions for using Quest on the How do I…? Instructions for using Quest page.
- If you're using a computer in a language other than English, we have instructions for you to log in to Quest using a language other than English, or you can select the English Quest login, which automatically changes your settings to read English.
You may find the answers to your questions about completing your AIF on the list of common questions on our common questions about the AIF webpage.
Information to help with questions related to references for the Faculty of Mathematics programs are available on our admission information form webpage.
If you experience technical difficulties or have questions about your AIF, contact our Registrar's Office:
- 519-888-4567, ext. 33106