Women in Computer Science
Women in Computer Science (WICS) is dedicated to promoting women who are interested in studying computer science and who seek to pursue careers in computing. Specifically, the mandate of the committee is:
- To build an environment in the School of Computer Science where women are supported in their work and studies.
- To ensure that young women entering university see computer science as an option.
- To connect to outside organizations and events for women in computer science.
Check out our 2016-2017 activities!
- (August 5) Toronto Meet-up for incoming women in CS
- (September 11) Orientation for incoming women in CS (sponsored by Microsoft)
- (Ongoing) Big CSters mentorship
- (Ongoing) Lean In Circles
- (Ongoing) Technical Interview Workshop
- (October 19-21) Grace Hopper Celebration (sponsored by MEF)
- (October 30) Sexism Response Workshop
- (November 2) Guest Speaker: Brianna Wu
- (November 7) Meaningful Careers in Computing Panel (sponsored by GE)
Scholarships and bursaries
Check out the growing list of scholarships and bursaries that are aimed specifically at women who are studying computer science.
WiCS Undergrad Committee
WiCS has a very active undergrad committee that runs a number of events throughout the year, including the Big CSters Mentoring program, technical workshops, a speaker series, and panels and discussions about diversity in computer science and STEM.
Join our mailing list to find out what's happening throughout the year and how you can participate in our monthly meetings. Sign up.