Welcome to the University of Waterloo. This page contains important information for new School of Computer Science graduate students.
The School of Computer Science will be hosting an orientation session for all new Spring 2018 students.
Please RSVP for the Spring 2018 Grad Orientation on January 3, 2018.
The University of Waterloo also hosts a campus wide graduate student orientation session from Monday, April 30 to Friday, May 4, 2018.
Orientation Schedule for Spring 2018: Tuesday, May 2, 2018; DC 1331
Orientation Package and Forms
- Student Information Consent form
- Important links for all new graduate students (PDF)
- Information regarding HR payroll forms
- Graduate Degree Requirements (PDF)
- Health and Safety Policy #34
- Faculty of Mathematics: New Graduate Student Information
New graduate students at the University of Waterloo must complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM) which shows up on your first term transcript as ACINTY 640. This module must be completed within the first 8 weeks of your first term. If it is not taken within this time frame, a hold will be placed on your Quest account. For more information please see the following link:
Graduate Academic Integrity Module
Please note that new CS graduate students must also complete a module on research ethics which has been incorporated into the CS 697 Graduate Skills Seminar.
Previous Orientation Sessions - Fall 2017:
- Orientation Fall 2017 Agenda (PDF)
- Course Information Session Fall 2017 (PDF)
- CS Orientation Presentation - Fall 2017