SaltStack Working Group



Meeting Date

  • TEAMS: 2021-10-27

Invitees - Attendees

  • Dave, Anthony, Lawrence, Lori, Nathan

Review and accept previous meeting minutes.

  • Last meeting: 2021-10-13: No minutes taken
    • Dave, Lawrence and Anthony discussed the 20.04 Web Servers and moving to INF Salt server
    • Action Item: Anthony will contact Nathan to determine how things are going with the migration of the Salt recipes * not yet

Proposed Agenda Items

Salt Services Happenings since last meeting

  • Anthony - just regular usage of pushing out configs when changes occur
  • Nathan - a lot of work on the Postgres formula, but not any new formulas
  • Anthony - working on automount

mysql setup: workflow model where service expert provides salt formula on a fork of the master SaltStacks git repo.

  • Dave's concerned that documentation on a service's "requirements, features, how to recreate it by hand and list of what depends on it" will not get created where new CSCF people can access it without a steep learning curve.
  • Anthony: he and Fraser have been busy with ugsters, and other fires

20.04 Web Servers migration - status

* Nathan has been creating Salt formulae * Doesn't need Anthony's help at the moment * May need containers destroyed and recreated * Question - list of vhost-specific files * right now, it is in the formula, but probably shouldn't? Isaac needs to be able to make changes fairly frequently * want to enforce better change management, so want to not have various people update the Salt formula to update such data * considering creating it's own git repository that Isaac could update, and have the formula pull it down * Anthony - he and Devon do something similar for Icinga
  • Anthony and Nathan think we should have a dev server for web develop/testing
    • Anthony says we have some old ugsters being taken out of service that could be used for some other servers

Action Items

  • Dave: create an RT to replace the Ugster switch (details to be provided in the ticket)
  • Anthony: document Mysql workflow - how to integrate service-specific changes
  • Nathan: split Vhost config directory to its own repo
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 < r2 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r6 - 2021-11-24 - DaveGawley
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2022 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback