Linux Working Group



AGENDA LOCKED

Meeting Date

  • TEAMS: 2022-08-10

Invited

  • Anthony (group leader), Clayton, Guoxiang, Lori, Fraser, Devon, Nathan, Nick, Todd, Dave, O

Attendees

  • Guoxiang, Devon, Anthony, Nathan, Clayton, O

Review and accept previous meeting minutes.

Review last meeting's Action Items

  • Anthony - create dashboards for monitoring processor data - RT#1224667
  • Guoxiang - follow-up with SuperMicro re: RT#1079451 - ubuntu1804-006 CPU hardware errors - verify CPU being shipped
    • Machine has been shipped back, Supermicro claims to have tested it and found no fault. Will re-rack and test ourselves.
    • Anthony will talk to Dave about some details and report back in RT.
  • Lori - will book a meeting re: suexec-flex
  • Nextcloud upgrade provisioning: https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/Ticket/Display.html?id=1208589
    • Nathan needs clarity on SALT master governance that is blocking him from configuring it. Anthony is going to talk to Dave and attempt to get this clarity in RT above.
  • OpenVPN upgrade: containers and 2FA: https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/Ticket/Display.html?id=1231092
  • DC directory system load of Odyssey data: https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/Ticket/Display.html?id=910469
    • Lori: This is a request for Clayton.
    • Clayton will follow up with Daniel on details and put relevant info in RT above.
  • Mike Patterson [UW-RT #1231841] wants us to patch/upgrade cups1.cs.uwaterloo.ca.
    • Fraser will take point on this work moving forward. Anthony offered assistance.
    • It would be handy to have some on campus testers while Fraser works on this. O assigns Costin and Ed for this help.
    • Anthony is communicating with Mike as well.
  • Guoxiang: We need to reboot machines before the new term for patching and updates.
    • Final exams end: Saturday, August 13, 2022
    • Give some buffer time to the above to allow for exam processing
    • Guoxiang and Anthony will perform reboots Tuesday, 2022-08-23. Should take half a day at most.
    • O will send notices to CS users.

Proposed Agenda Items

Comments

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2022-08-10 - OmNafees
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2022 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback