Linux Working Group

AGENDA LOCKED



Meeting Date

  • TEAMS: 2022-06-15

Invited

  • Anthony (group leader), Clayton, Guoxiang, Lori, Fraser, Devon, Nathan, Nick, Todd, Dave, O

Attendees

  • Anthony (group leader), Guoxiang, Fraser, Devon, Nathan, Todd, Dave, O

Review and accept previous meeting minutes.

Review last meeting's Action Items

  • Anthony - create dashboards for monitoring processor data - RT#1224667
  • Clayton/Fraser - document process of adding hosts to AD and move to a generally accessible place (git) -> https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/Ticket/Display.html?id=1217894 - Fraser to test process on GL machines
    • Fraser reported this as done !
  • Dave - put up Beta version of new Virtual Host Index / Anthony to create a ticket - RT#1211603 -> working on it
  • Lawrence - follow-up with SuperMicro re: RT#1079451 - ubuntu1804-006 CPU hardware errors - verify CPU being shipped
    • Supermicro has received machine from central stores.
  • Lori - will book a meeting re: suexec-flex

Proposed Agenda Items

Potential Upcoming Security issues - Anthony (5 minutes)

Potential difficulties with Ubuntu 22.04 - Anthony (5 minutes)

Various pending work

  • Nextcloud upgrade provisioning: https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/Ticket/Display.html?id=1208589
    • Lori: There is a need for staff time to help with this work.
    • Anthony pointed out that INF is providing the platform (LXC container, Salt service) for Nextcloud service expert and manager.
    • Dave: just as the RSG salt master because of it's age was not appropriate, the production INF salt master is inappropriate due to lack of functionality. As such new CSCF salt-master where we can work out a viable shared salt service management.
    • Requests for new containers welcome. Postgres appears to outgrow disk space needs between new requests.
  • OpenVPN upgrade: containers and 2FA: https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/Ticket/Display.html?id=1208589 https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/Ticket/Display.html?id=1231092
  • DC directory system load of Odyssey data: https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/Ticket/Display.html?id=910469
    • Lori: This is a request for Clayton.
    • Clayton will follow up with Daniel on details.
  • Mike Patterson [UW-RT #1231841] wants us to patch/upgrade cups1.cs.uwaterloo.ca.
    • Fraser will take point on this work moving forward. Anthony offered assistance.
    • It would be handy to have some on campus testers while Fraser works on this. O assigns Costin and Ed for this help.
    • Anthony is communicating with Mike as well.

Comments

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r4 - 2022-07-13 - OmNafees
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2022 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback