- 2017-04-23: Our ASR paper has won the American Sociological Association Section on Mathematical Sociology's Outstanding Article Award for 2016! Tobias Schroeder, Jesse Hoey and Kimberly B. Rogers American Sociological Review, 81, 4, 2016 (Appendix) (bibtex)
- 2017-04-05: Gave a talk at Google Waterloo on "Affective Computing in Socio-Technical Systems".
- 2017-03-29: THEMIS.COG is funded! I will be studying Online Collaborative Networks together with Tobias Schroeder (Potsdam), Mei Nagappan (Waterloo), and Kim Rogers (Dartmouth College).
- 2017-03-05: The 2017 Emotion in the Wild Competition website is up and running.
Most Popular Papers
- Patricia Kan, Rajibul Huq, Jesse Hoey, Robby Goetschalckx and Alex Mihailidis Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, 8, 33, 2011 (bibtex)
- Aarti Malhotra, Jesse Hoey, Alexandra Konig and Sarel van Vuuren Proc. International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare, Cancun, Mexico, 2016 (bibtex)
- Luyuan Lin, Stephen Czarnuch, Aarti Malhotra, Lifei Yu, Tobias Schroeder and Jesse Hoey Proc. of International Workconference on Ambient Assisted Living (IWAAL), Belfast, UK, 2014 (bibtex)
full list of publications is here
People (students and postdocs)
- Luyuan Lin (MMath, 2012-2014, thesis)
- Xiao Yang (MMath, 2012-2014, thesis)
- Marek Grzes (Postdoc, 2010-2015)
- Robby Goetschalckx (Postdoc, 2011-2012)
- Rhiannon Rose (MMath, 2012-2014)
- Shehroz Khan (PhD, 2010-2016, thesis)
- Aarti Malhotra (MMath, 2013-2016, thesis)
- Haiyu Zhen (MMath, 2014-2016)
- Zola Xiang (MMath, 2015-2016)
- Dmitry Pyryeskin (MMath, 2010-2012, thesis)
- George Zhu (MMath, 2011-2012, thesis)
- Veronika Koltunova (MMath, 2011-2012, thesis)
- Michelle Karg (Postdoc, 2011-2013)
- Josh Jung (MMath, 2014-2016, thesis)
- Abhinav Dhall (Postdoc, 2016-2016)
- Jyoti Joshi (Postdoc, 2016-2017)
- Having trouble making a decision? Try this handy tool
- My current Kardashian index (K-index) is 0.00386.
- Read my analysis of Bedevere's logic from the witch scene in Monty Python's Holy Grail.
- Read my analysis of Disney's "Steamboat Willie" using the Ortony-Clore-Collins model of emotions
- A simple python script to find out how many actual citations each of your papers has (with self-citations by any author removed). Use with care. Get it here.
- Going to Europe? Want some help planning your route? Try this tool.
- Who is the greatest hockey player of all time?
- "In some ways we are emotional lizards" -- Joseph LeDoux, The Emotional Brain, 1996.
- "Nay, it is chiefly from this regard to the sentiments of mankind, that we pursue riches and avoid poverty." -- Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments, 1759.
- "Let's get this Boeing going!" -- Stewardess on Westjet flight 556 from Calgary, Oct 24, 2015
- "You must sleep some time between lunch and dinner, and no half-way measures. Take off your clothes and get into bed. That's what I always do. " -- Winston Churchill, 1946.