last update on June 22,2017
I'm currently a PhD student at University of Waterloo under the supervision of Prof. Jesse Hoey. My research interests focus on Machine learning, Affective Computing , Natural Language Processing, and Sentiment Analysis.
I recieved my BSc. degree in Computer Science from King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and my MMath in Computer Science from University of Waterloo, Canada.
- I'm participating in the ACT conference with this abstract
- The augmented English EPA lexicon File
- I'm collecting data for a study. Here is the link if you are interested in participating survey
- Areej Alhothali and Jesse Hoey Semi-Supervised Affective Meaning Lexicon Expansion Using Semantic and Distributed Word Representations. arXiv, arXiv:1703.09825, March, 2017
- Julie M Robillard, Areej Alhothali, Sunjay Varma and Jesse Hoey Intelligent and Affectively Aligned Evaluation of Online Health Information for Older Adults. AAAI Workshop on Health Intelligence, San Franciso, CA, 2017
- Jesse Hoey, Tobias Schroeder and Areej Alhothali Affect control processes: Intelligent affective interaction using a partially observable Markov decision process. Artificial Intelligence, 230, 2016
- Areej Alhothali and Jesse Hoey "Good News or Bad News: Using Affect Control Theory to Analyze Readers Reaction Towards News Articles." Proc. Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics - Human Language Technologies (NAACL HLT), Denver, CO, 2015
- Jesse Hoey, Tobias Schroeder and Areej Alhothali "Bayesian Affect Control Theory." Proc.of the Humaine Association Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction, Geneva, Switzerland, 2013
- Jesse Hoey, Tobias Schroeder and Areej Alhothali "Affect Control Processes: Probabilistic and Decision Theoretic Affective Control in Human-Computer Interaction." University of Waterloo School of Computer Science Technical Report, CS-2013-03, 2013
- Areej Alhothali and Jesse Hoey "Keystrokes-based Affect Recognition Using Hierarchical SVM." 2012 Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems (SAIS).
- Areej Alhothali "Modeling Users' Affect Using Interaction Events." University of Waterloo School of Computer Science (Master Thesis 2011).
- Cristina Ribeiro, Gaurav Mehrotra, Gregory Vey, Areej Alhothali, and Chrysanne DiMarco. "Improving Health Care with a Virtual Human Sleep Coach." Technical Report CS-2011-10, 2011.