- 2017-03-05: The 2017 Emotion in the Wild Competition website is up and running.
- 2017-02-26: University of Waterloo faculty and staff CHAMPS at the 40th annual Ontario University Faculty and Staff Hockey Tournament in Guelph last week! Go Worriers!
- 2017-01-31: New article in JRATE: Alexandra Konig, Linda E. Francis, Jyoti Joshi, Julie M Robillard and Jesse Hoey Journal of Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies Engineering, 2017 (bibtex).
- 2016-12-19: I'm teaching CS886: Affective Computing in Winter 2017.
Most Popular Papers
- Patricia Kan, Rajibul Huq, Jesse Hoey, Robby Goetschalckx and Alex Mihailidis Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, 8, 33, 2011 (bibtex)
- Julie M Robillard, Areej Alhothali, Sunjay Varma and Jesse Hoey AAAI Workshop on Health Intelligence, San Franciso, CA, 2017 (bibtex)
- Aarti Malhotra, Jesse Hoey, Alexandra Konig and Sarel van Vuuren Proc. International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare, Cancun, Mexico, 2016 (bibtex)
full list of publications is here
People (students and postdocs)
- Luyuan Lin (MMath, 2012-2014, thesis)
- Xiao Yang (MMath, 2012-2014, thesis)
- Marek Grzes (Postdoc, 2010-2015)
- Robby Goetschalckx (Postdoc, 2011-2012)
- Rhiannon Rose (MMath, 2012-2014)
- Shehroz Khan (PhD, 2010-2016, thesis)
- Aarti Malhotra (MMath, 2013-2016, thesis)
- Haiyu Zhen (MMath, 2014-2016)
- Zola Xiang (MMath, 2015-2016)
- Dmitry Pyryeskin (MMath, 2010-2012, thesis)
- George Zhu (MMath, 2011-2012, thesis)
- Veronika Koltunova (MMath, 2011-2012, thesis)
- Michelle Karg (Postdoc, 2011-2013)
- Having trouble making a decision? Try this handy tool
- My current Kardashian index (K-index) is 0.00386.
- Read my analysis of Bedevere's logic from the witch scene in Monty Python's Holy Grail.
- Read my analysis of Disney's "Steamboat Willie" using the Ortony-Clore-Collins model of emotions
- A simple python script to find out how many actual citations each of your papers has (with self-citations by any author removed). Use with care. Get it here.
- Going to Europe? Want some help planning your route? Try this tool.
- Who is the greatest hockey player of all time?
- "In some ways we are emotional lizards" -- Joseph LeDoux, The Emotional Brain, 1996.
- "Nay, it is chiefly from this regard to the sentiments of mankind, that we pursue riches and avoid poverty." -- Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments, 1759.
- "Let's get this Boeing going!" -- Stewardess on Westjet flight 556 from Calgary, Oct 24, 2015
- "You must sleep some time between lunch and dinner, and no half-way measures. Take off your clothes and get into bed. That's what I always do. " -- Winston Churchill, 1946.