Linux Working Group



AGENDA LOCKED

Meeting Date

  • TEAMS: 2022-04-20

Invitees - Attendees

  • Invited: Adrian, Anthony (group leader), Clayton, Guoxiang, Lori, Fraser, Devon, Nathan, Nick, Todd, Dave, Lawrence, Omar
  • Attended:Adrian, Anthony (group leader), Clayton, Guoxiang, Lori, Fraser, Devon, Todd, mar
  • Absent: Lawrence, Nathan, Dave

Review and accept previous meeting minutes.

Review last meeting's Action Items

  • Anthony - will create a ticket for monitoring processor data - will work with Devon -> no progress
    • including combined general use cpu load graph (and possibly other metrics)
  • Clayton/Fraser - document process of adding hosts to AD and move to a generally accessible place (git) -> https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/Ticket/Display.html?id=1217894
  • Lawrence / RSG - update jerusalem and graceland to mount new NFS share - RT#1194157 Done
  • Dave - put up Beta version of new Virtual Host Index / Anthony to create a ticket - RT#1211603 -> working on it
  • Lori - create ticket for Devon to create combined graph for DFSc https://rt.uwaterloo.ca/Ticket/Display.html?id=1215768
  • Lawrence - follow-up with SuperMicro re: RT#1079451 - ubuntu1804-006 CPU hardware errors: Lawrence made progress!
  • Anthony - update the Purpose field of currently "unused" machines in the Virtual Host Index: no progress
  • All on ticket: Document usage of HWE Kernels RT#1217576 -> no progress

Proposed Agenda Items

  • Consider btrfs usage? Testing/benchmarking. Push because nfish is absent: Positives: snapshots, compression. RAID0/1, volume mgmt. Negatives: write hole/RAID5/6, code churn, stability
  • IPv6 setup: Inf groups guidelines. Push because dlgawley is absent

Action Items for next meeting

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r4 - 2022-04-20 - LoriPaniak
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2022 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback