Linux Working Group



Invitees - Attendees

  • Adrian, Anthony (group leader), Clayton, Guoxiang, Lori, Fraser, Devon, Nathan, Nick, Todd, Dave, Lawrence, Omar

Review and accept previous meeting minutes.

Last meeting's tasks [10 minutes]

  • Anthony/Adrian - work on new postfix recipe to have servers send mail out directly - RT#1204074
    • Anthony currently discussing with IST security group who are talking to Mail service people
    • getting ready to have a one line change
  • Clayton - document process of adding hosts to AD and move to a generally accessible place
    • working on the scripting before wanting to publish
    • looking to add some "tricks"
  • Devon - create ticket to document power issues to show Plant Operations - done? Anthony will follow-up -> RT#1206808
    • can we actually quantify the cost of this bad power?
    • Devon has created documentation about the fluctuation
    • summary - the fluctuation seems to be within the "normal operating parameters"
    • what if PlantOps "fixed" the power fluctuations?
      • $90/battery pack
    • where to go next?
      • perhaps stop worrying about the normal power fluctuations
      • how to avoid big spikes when power turns back on?
        • can sometimes avoid by shutting off breakers when power goes down
        • but often at odd times
      • hopefully can be avoided in the development of Math4
  • Guoxiang & Dave to discuss with Hari and Robyn maintenance of the NetApp
    • included in the budget proposal
    • MFCF is agreeable to us using it
  • Lawrence / RSG - update jerusalem and graceland to mount new NFS share - RT#1194157
    • still not done

Inventory [30 minutes]

  • All - fix 5 inventory records and report next meeting on patterns of wrongness. * Anthony went and fixed a number of inventory records
  • What was fixed?
  • What if any patterns of wrongness were observed?
    • Admin contact is not set on > 90% of inventory records
  • discussion of why there is a difference between Admin Contact and the DNS Contact?
    • DNS Contact is a distribution list of people who should be alerted if there is a problem
    • Admin contact is an individual responsible for the machine (and of the DNS Contact people could/would speak to the Admin Contact)
  • Host Index discussion
  • Out-of-Band server
    • where are we at?
    • need memory

Action Items for next meeting

  • Anthony/Adrian - work on new postfix recipe to have servers send mail out directly - RT#1204074
  • Clayton - document process of adding hosts to AD and move to a generally accessible place
  • Guoxiang & Dave to discuss with Hari and Robyn maintenance of the NetApp
  • Lawrence / RSG - update jerusalem and graceland to mount new NFS share - RT#1194157
  • All - continue with: fix 5 inventory records and report next meeting on patterns of wrongness.
  • Dave - put up Beta version of Virtual Host Index
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2022-02-09 - LawrenceFolland
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2022 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback