I am second year Masters student in Database Group working with Prof. Ken Salem.
Before joining University of Waterloo, I worked for one year as an Associate Software Engineer at Zynga Games Network.
I completed my undergrad degree in Information Systems from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani in 2012.
I am interested in building database systems in general. Currently I am working on:
- Geo-replicated systems.
- Web applications on edge networks.
- Hemant Saxena, Kenneth Salem,"EdgeX: Edge Replication for Web Applications", in proc. IEEE CLOUD 2015. [PDF]
- Hemant Saxena, Kenneth Salem,"Relational Edge Caching for Edge-Aware Web Applications", in SoCC'14, Nov 2014. [PDF]
- Evaluation of shared libraries on NUMA machines. [PDF]
- Notes on "Computing Mondshein Sequence in Linear Time". [PDF]
- CS 762 - Graph-Theoretic Algorithms (Winter 2014)
- CS 848 - Advanced Topics in Databases: Data Quality (Winter 2014)
- CS 848 - Advanced Topics in Databases: Large Scale Data Management (Fall 2013)
- CS 854 - Advanced Topics in Computer Systems: Many-Core Operating Systems (Fall 2013)
- CS 348 - Introduction to Database Management (Winter 2015)
- CS 348 - Introduction to Database Management (Fall 2014)
- CS 338 - Computer Applications in Business: Databases (Winter 2014)
- CS 115 - Introduction to Computer Science 1 (Fall 2013)