- VLDB 2019: Our paper (with Johes, Ashwin, and Jennie) titled "Shrinkwrap: Differentially-Private Query Processing in Private Data Federations" accepted!
- SIGMOD 2019: Our paper (with Chang Ge, Ihab Ilyas, and Ashwin Machanavajjhala) titled "APEx: Accuracy-Aware Differentially Private Data Exploration" accepted!
- I am looking for motivated students! If you are interested in privacy and security (theory/applications), and have a strong academic record and/or research experience, you can send me an email with your CV.
My research interests span the areas of privacy and security for big-data management and analysis.
- "Shrinkwrap: Differentially-Private Query Processing in Private Data Federations", with Johes, Ashwin, and Jennie, VLDB 2019, link
- "APEx: Accuracy-Aware Differentially Private Data Exploration", with Chang Ge, Ihab Ilyas, and Ashwin Machanavajjhala, SIGMOD 2019
- "Provably privacy for mobility data", with Ashwin Machanavajjhala, Springer Handbook on Mobile Data Privacy, 2017
- "Composing differential privacy and secure computation: A case study on scaling private record linkage", with Ashwin Machanavajjhala, Cheryl Flynn, and Divesh Srivastava, CCS 2017 link
- "A Demonstration of VisDPT: visual exploration of differentially private trajectories", with Nisarg Raval and Ashwin Machanavajjhala, VLDB 2016 (BEST DEMO AWARD) pdf
- "DPT: Differentially private trajectory synthesis using hierarchical reference systems", with Graham Cormode, Ashwin Machanavajjhala, Cecilia M. Procopiuc, and Divesh Srivastava, VLDB 2015 pdf
- "Blowfish Privacy: Tuning Privacy-Utility Trade-offs using Policies", with Ashwin Machanavajjhala and Bolin Ding, SIGMOD 2014 pdf
- "An Equation-Based Heap Sizing Rule", with Y.C. Tay and Xuanran Zong, Performance Evaluation 70, 11 (Nov. 2013), 948–964.
- CS590.01: Privacy & Fairness in Data Science, co taught with Ashwin Machanavajjhala and Brandon Fain, Fall 2018
- [Tutorials] "Differential privacy in the wild: a tutorial on current practices & open challenges", (with Ashwin Machanavajjhala and Michael Hay), VLDB 2016 , SIGMOD 2017
Curriculum Vitae (Updated by Dec 2018)
- Ph.D.(Computer Science), Duke Unviersity, 2018.
- M.D.(Computer Science), Duke Unviersity, 2015.
- B.S.(Computer Science) & B.S.(Applied Mathematics), University of Singapore, 2012