Jeffrey O. Shallit
Areas of interest:
Combinatorics on words,
formal languages and automata theory (especially connections with
algorithmic number theory (primality testing, factoring, etc.),
history of mathematics and computer science,
ethical use of computers, debunking pseudoscience and pseudomathematics.
Foreign member, Finnish Academy of Science and Letters.
Here I am on google scholar citations.
Are you interested in graduate study in theoretical computer science?
Please read this.
- The combinatorics on words wiki (send me e-mail to get an account to edit it)
- Co-editor of
The Role of Theory in Computer Science: Essays Dedicated to Janusz
Brzozowski, World Scientific Press, June 2017
My new book, Neverending Fractions, co-written with Jon Borwein, Wadim Zudilin, and the late Alf van der Poorten (1943-2010)
Distinguished Scientist, 2008.
A Second Course in Formal Languages
and Automata Theory, Cambridge University Press,
- Automatic Sequences: Theory,
Cambridge University Press, July 2003.
- Algorithmic Number Theory
published by MIT Press, August 1996.
- Editor-in-chief, Journal of
- Center for Applied
- Courses taught by JOS
- Curriculum vitae of JOS (not updated since 2002, sorry!)
- A more recent CV, with
approximate career totals and details for the period
- Walnut software written by Hamoon Mousavi
- Selected papers of JOS
- Recent talks by JOS
- Book reviews by JOS
- Published and unpublished essays by JOS
- Co-Authors of JOS
- Graduate students supervised by JOS
- This week's Math/CS talks at Waterloo
- Upcoming talks in our Algorithms and Complexity group
- CS Theory Event Aggregator
Disclaimer: Nothing on this page should be taken to represent the
official views of the University of Waterloo.