Software is a human product; as systems scale in size and complexity, the challenges that developers must overcome rapidly increase. I believe that by better understanding how people create, explore, evolve, and reason about software systems, we can enhance developers' effectiveness and improve the quality of their systems.
My past projects have investigated a range of problems surrounding software reuse, software search, context-sensitive example location, API understanding, and team awareness. I am currently focusing on inconsistency detection and speculative analysis.
- Assistant Professor. 2010-Present. University of Waterloo School of Computer Science.
Postdoc. 2008-2010. University of Washington CSE. Hosted by David Notkin.
Projects: Inconsistency detection and speculative analysis.
Ph.D. 2004-2008. University of Calgary CS. Advised by Rob Walker.
Thesis title: Pragmatic Software Reuse.
M.Sc. 2002-2004. University of British Columbia CS. Advised by Gail Murphy.
Thesis title: Using Structural Context to Recommend Source Code Examples.
- B.Sc. Computer Science. 1997-2002. University of British Columbia.
- Laura Inozemtseva (PhD in progress)
- Siddharth Subramanian (MMath in progress)
- Quinn Hanam (MMath in progress)
- Ashar Ghani (MMath Essay in progress)
- Ravi Chandra Malleboina (MMath Essay in progress)
- Olga Baysal [PhD Thesis]
- Divam Jain (Google) [MMath Thesis]
- Laura Inozemtseva (Now PhD @ uWaterloo) [MMath Thesis]
- Abdullah El-Sayed (Waveline Media) [MMath Thesis]
- Kimiisa Oshikoji (Symantec) [MMath Thesis]
- 2015 - ICSE PC
- 2014 - ICSE Organizing Committee
- 2014 - FSE Organizing Committee
- 2014 - ICSME PC
- 2014 - WCRE/CSMR PC
- 2014 - ICPC ERA PC
- 2013 - ICSM Organizing Committee
- 2013 - WCRE Organizing Committee
- 2013 - ICSE Organizing Committee
- 2013 - TOSEM Reviewer
- 2013 - IEEE Software Reviewer
- 2013 - EMSE Reviewer
- 2013 - RE Organizing Committee
- 2013 - OOPSLA PC
- 2013 - MSR PC
- 2013 - RELENG PC
- 2012 - ICSE Organizing Committee
- 2012 - WCRE PC
- 2012 - ICPC PC
- 2012 - WCRE PC
- 2012 - SUITE PC
- 2011 - WCRE PC
- 2011 - ICSM Early Research Achievements PC
- 2011 - FSE New Ideas PC
- 2011 - UIST Reviewer
- 2011 - ICPC PC
- 2011 - SUITE PC
- 2011 - MSR PC
- 2011 - TSE Reviewer
- 2011 - TOSEM Reviewer
- 2011 - EMES Reviewer
- 2011 - IEEE Software Reviewer