Cryptography Theory and Practice, Third Edition
last modified January 19, 2006
The third edition of this cryptography textbook by
Doug Stinson was published in November, 2005, by
CRC Press, Inc.
here to see the publisher's web page for the book.
The third edition is an expanded version of the
second edition, all in one volume.
(I discarded the idea of a two-volume
set mainly so the price would be as low as possible.)
You can view the cover design in pdf; click here.
The drawing in the
lower right portion of the front cover is by
Ron Shuebrook, "Untitled (Monkey Rope Series)", 2003
(Charcoal on paper, 19 3/4" x 25 1/2").
The chapters in the third edition are as follows:
- Chapter 1: Classical Cryptography
- Chapter 2: Shannon's Theory
- Chapter 3: Block Ciphers and the Advanced Encryption Standard
- Chapter 4: Cryptographic Hash Functions
- Chapter 5: The RSA Cryptosystem and Factoring Integers
- Chapter 6: Public-key Cryptography andDicrete Logarithms
- Chapter 7: Signature Schemes
- Chapter 8: Pseudo-random Number Generation
- Chapter 9: Identification Schemes and Entity Authentication
- Chapter 10: Key Distribution
- Chapter 11: Key Agreement Schemes
- Chapter 12: Public-Key Infrastructure
- Chapter 13: Secret Sharing Schemes
- Chapter 14: Multicast Security and Copyright Protection
The third edition consists of updated versions of
the seven chapters in the second edition plus seven additional chapters.
Several of these seven additional chapters are updated versions of chapters
from the first edition, and some are new.
An errata list is available. Please email errata and
typos to me so I can include them on the list.