CS 858 Project
- Projects should ideally be done in groups of two. If you strongly prefer doing a project individually or in a larger group, send email to the instructor explaining your reasons.
- Project proposals should be emailed as a PDF to the instructor by Oct 18. These should be no more than two pages that succinctly describe what you plan to work on, the form of results you hope to have by the end of the term and and some related work in the area.
- Project presentations will likely be on Nov 26 and 28.
- Project writeups should be emailed as a PDF to the instructor by Dec 15. The report should be formatted using one of the ACM templates (option 1 for LateX users). The report should not have more than 10 pages, excluding the bibliography.
Tips and Resources
- I strongly suggest writing your course project report using
LaTeX. It is the de-facto tool in which most CS research papers are written.
- You should strongly consider using either Subversion or
Git to perform source code control for your project and the paper you write describing it.
- Collected resources about writing and research
Last updated: 2013-11-09 13:53:18 -0500