Graduate Students and Postdocs
I'm always looking for strong graduate students with a solid background in mathematics and computer science. If you are interested, please send me an email!
Current PhD students
Current Masters students
Completed PhD students
- Daniel S. Roche. Ph.D. Computer Science. Efficient Computation with Sparse and Dense Polynomials. 2011. Currently: Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, U.S. Naval Academy.
- Jason Selby. Ph.D. Computer Science. Unconventional Applications of Compiler Analysis. 2011. Currently: Kernel Developer, Maplesoft Inc.
- M. Jason Hinek. Ph.D. Computer Science. On the Security of Some Variants of RSA. 2007. Currently: Lecturer, School of Computer Science, Carleton University.
- Yang Zhang. Ph.D. Applied Mathematics (UWO). Algorithms for Noncommutative Differential Operators. 2004. Currently: Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, University of Manitoba.
Completed Masters students
- Kelvin Chung. M. Math. Using Integer Programming in Finding t-Designs. 2012
- Fei Wang. M. Math. Finding Orthogonal Designs with Gröbner Bases. 2011.
- Hrushikesh Tilak. M.Math. Computing sparse multiples of polynomials, 2010.
- Ruitong Huang. M.Math. Decomposition of Finite-Dimensional Matrix Algebras over Fq(y). 2010.
- Myung Sub Kim. M.Math. Hermite form computation of matrices of differential polynomials. 2009.
- Chao Li, M.Math. Lattice Compression of Polynomial Matrices. 2007.
- Brad Botting. M.Math. Structured Total Least Squares for Approximate Polynomial Operations. 2004.
- Bradford Hovinen. M.Math Blocked Lanczos-style Algorithms over Small Finite Fields. 2004.
- Yang Zhang, Ph.D. (Applied Mathematics, UWO). Thesis title: Algorithms for Non-Commutative Differential Operators. 2004.
- Ivo Moravec, M.Math. Thesis title: Fast Arithmetic and Code Generation for Univariate Functions. 2004.
- Fraser Ruffell, M.Math. Thesis title: Lightweight Statistical Trace Selection for the Dynamic Optimization of Programs. 2004.
Previous Postdoctoral Fellows
- Andy Novocin.
- Clément Pernet, Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
- Pascal Giorgi, Department of Computer Science, University Montpellier 2, France
- John May, Department of Computer Science, University of Delaware, USA
- Wen-shin Lee, Mathematics and Computer Science Department, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Arne Storjohann, School of Computer Science, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Ilias Kotsirieas, Department of Computing, Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada
Last modified on
Sunday, 27 December 2015, at 14:08 hours.