UW 3+1 Program
The University of Waterloo is a dynamic institution, recognized as the most innovative comprehensive university in Canada. Our university currently has formal exchange agreements with top universities in China, including Tsinghua University, Nanjing University and Wuhan University. For 3rd year top students in above three universities who wish to apply for this program, please contact your own university’s foreign exchange office first, or email Professor Ming Li (email@example.com).
UW 3+1 program with China is an exchange program for undergraduate students in the Department of Computer Science with a long history since 2006. More than 30 top students from the above universities have spent one academic year in University of Waterloo, and most of them went on to become graduate students at Waterloo.
Chinese students accepted into this exchange program will be awarded the Jimin Liu Scholarship to partially support their study at Waterloo.
There are numerous program benefits for the participating students:
- Students experience a western style of higher education in Canada;
- The one year on-campus experience in their home universities increases students chances of successfully completing their studies in Canada;
- Students take advantage of both education systems;
- Students are poised to become strong competitors in the international job market;
- Students are better prepared for further study worldwide.