Lecturer, Administrator, and Software Engineer Happily semi-retired!
· In 2016 Fall, I am teaching CS430 Applications Software Engineering.
· In 2016 Winter, I taught CS116 Introduction to Computer Science 2.
· In 2015 Fall, I taught CS430 Applications Software Engineering.
· In 2015 Winter, I taught CS116 Introduction to Computer Science 2.
· Program Manager of CFM (Computing and Financial Managament Program)
· Women In Computer Science Committee
· Computer Science Student Graduate/Undergraduate Recruitment
for Chinese students interested in undergraduate Computer Science at the
for undergraduate students interested in Computer Science at the
· Computer Science Outreach
· Software Engineering program accreditation
· CS 430 - Applications Software Engineering
· CS 116 - Introduction to Computer Science 2
· CS 115 - Introduction to Computer Science 1
· CS 134 (2 times) - Principles of Computer Science
· CS 123 - Developing Programming Principles
· CS 124 - Data Structures and Algorithms
· CS 132 - Developing Programming Principles
CS 473/571 - Software Requirements
Analysis and Specification (
o Developed as a new course and taught.
CS 026 (3 times) - Computer Science
CS 335 (2 times) - Software
CS 317 Design and Analysis of
My area of research is Software Engineering, with specific interests in requirements analysis and specification, and evolution of legacy software.
· Bachelor of Computer Science (UBC)
· Masters of Computer Science (UBC)
· Ph.D. in Computer Science (UWO - in progress)
· Program Manager, Computing and Financial Management,
· Recruitment Manager, Cheriton School of Computer Science,
· Lecturer, Cheriton School of Computer Science
(2000-2001) University of Western Ontario
(1995-1996) Universityof Manitoba
· Software Analyst,
Telelphone System (1994 - 1995) Manitoba
· Member of Scientific Staff,
Northern Research / Nortel (1987 - 1994) Bell
David R. Cheriton Schoolof Computer Science
Waterloo, ON, N2L 3G1