Five Questions that Christian Scientists Can't Answer
This accompanies my lengthier article on
Christian Science. I have corresponded with several Christian
Scientists since my article appeared, but none have been able to
provide any answers to these questions.
- If, as Christian Science claims,
sickness is the result of false beliefs, how do plants become sick?
How did dinosaurs become sick when there were no people around to have
false beliefs about them?
- If Christian Science really helps people avoid being sick, why is it
that some of the worst US measles outbreaks in the past few years took place
at a Christian Science college?
- Why is it that Christian Scientists tend to die earlier than non-Christian
Scientists (as measured, for example, by the Wilson and Simpson studies)?
- Why is there not a single example of a Christian Scientist avoiding
the supposedly false ideal of mortality (by living, for example, for more
than 140 years)?
- Why does the Christian Science church scrupulously avoid any
scientific testing of its claims?