CS886 Fall13 - Paper Presentation
- At most 25 minutes
- Can be done in teams of up to two people
- Use slides for your presentation
- Put yourself in the shoes of the author and present the paper
as if it was your own
- Focus on the big picture (not the details)
Suggested structure for the presentation
- What's the paper about?
- What's the problem tackled?
- What's the solution proposed?
Content of paper
- Explain the problem tackled
- Explain necessary background
Empirical evaluation (if any)
- Explain proposed solution at a high level
- Explain advantages and disadvantages of the proposed solution
- Relate the solution to other work
- Summarize the empirical evaluation
- Highlight anything that's special
- What were the contributions?
- What is the take home message?
- What are possible extensions for future work?