I am a PhD student in Computer Science at the University of Waterloo, Canada. My supervisor is Pascal Poupart, and I am a member of the Artificial Intelligence lab. Currently, I am conducting research on topics in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing, in collaboration with Huawei and ProNav Technologies. I am also a Student Research Affiliate at the Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence.
I received a Masters of Mathematics in Combinatorics & Optimization from the University of Waterloo. My masters research was in Graph Theory, under the supervision of R. Bruce Richter. I received a Bachelors of Science (Honours) in Mathematics and Computer Science from Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS). You can view my CV here (last updated: December 2017).
- 05 Feb 2017: ProNavigator's CEO Joseph D'Souza and I delivered a guest lecture on 'Natural Language Understanding for Dialogue Systems' in Pascal Poupart's course on Machine Learning (CS 489) at University of Waterloo.
- 01 Feb 2017: I have been selected as a Vector Institute Affiliate! Checkout Vector's press-release here.
- 08 Dec 2017: Our paper on Affective Neural Response Generation has been accepted at the 40th European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR 2018), France.
- 29 Sep 2017: Presented a poster at Cheriton Research Symposium 2017 as a Cheriton Graduate Scholar.
- 12 Sep 2017: Our new paper on Affective Neural Response Generation is up on ArXiv.
- 01 Aug 2017: Attending ACL 2017 in Vancouver; presenting a poster at *SEM.
- 21 July 2017: Completed my first Ph.D. seminar! Two more to go.
- 25 June 2017: Our paper on Deep Active Learning for Dialogue Generation has been accepted at the 6th Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics (*SEM 2017), Vancouver.
- 15 June 2017: I have been awarded the Ontario Graduate Scholarship for the year 2017-2018!
- 01 Mar 2017: I have joined a local FinTech AI startup ProNav Technologies as a part-time Data Scientist.