I’m hosting a software development workshop at the CEMC Workshop in Computer Science for Young Women, on May 17 2019. Here is the materials from the presentation:
The example is a simple Android application that was built in Android Studio 3.4 for MotoG and Nexus phones, although it should run reasonably well on any Android phone.
If you want to learn more about programming, here’s some useful links to get you started:
- Code.org - https://code.org
- Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-programming
Java Programming Language
Java is a very popular programming language that can be used to build desktop and mobile applications.
- Java Software - https://www.oracle.com/java/index.html
- Java for Desktop Apps - https://www.w3schools.com/java/
- Official Java Tutorials - https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/
Android programming uses the Java programming language, but also adds in mobile-specific functionality. These link will help you build Java applications specifically for Android.
- Android Developer – https://developer.android.com
- Tutorial: Build your first app - https://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp
- Videos: Android for Beginners - https://developers.google.com/training/android/