Anne Banks Pidduck, PEng, PhD
Program Director, Information Technology Management
Undergraduate Exchange Programs Co-ordinator, Computer Science
David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 3G1
Telephone: (519) 888-4567, Ext. 34662
Fax: (519) 885-1208
My research interests are in information systems management, software
engineering, and electronic commerce. I am particularly interested in the
interactions among information systems, businesses and people. Research
problems come from the organization, communication and management of joint
ventures, alliances, and consortia. Such groups have interface, data, compatibility,
control, and many other issues to resolve. Current projects are focused
on electronic social networks, risk management and partner selection.
- Information Systems Management, CS
490, CS 330, MSci 442
- Software Engineering, CS 430 and Systems Analysis, CS 432
- Software Project Management, SE 362, CS 846 and Project Management, COMM 431
- Electronic Commerce, CS
798L, COMM 432
- Database Applications, CS
338, CS 786X
- Software Quality, CS 846
- Electronic Social Networks, Teaching and Learning. Proceedings of the 29th Annual Conference of the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE), Fredericton, NB, June 2009.
- Engaging Students in Internationalization. Proceedings of Opportunities and New Directions: A Research Conference on Teaching and Learning, Waterloo, ON, May 2009.
- An Internet EDI Model for E-Government (with Fiona Holder). Proceedings of the Fourteenth Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Toronto, ON, August 2008.
- International Student Networks (with Wendy Zehr). Proceedings of the 2008 Ontario Academic Advising Conference, Guelph, ON, August 2008.
- Electronic Social Networks and Dementia Prevention. Waterloo Institute for Health Informatics Research Seminar, Waterloo, ON, January 2008.
- Electronic Social Networks and Health. International Conference on Information Systems 2007 (ICIS 2007), IFIP 8.2 OASIS Workshop, Montreal, PQ, December 2007.
- Risk Management in the Electronic Supply Chain. Proceedings of the 5th Annual International Symposium on Supply Chain Management, Toronto, ON, October 2007.
- Partner Power: A Study of Two Distance Education Consortia (with Tom Carey). The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, 7-3, December 2006, pp. 1-13.
- Issues in Supplier Partner Selection. Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 19-3, May 2006, pp.262-276.
- Quality, Cleanroom and Formal Methods (with Zarrin Langari). Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), The Third Workshop on Software Quality (SWSQ), May 2005, pp. 35-39.
- The Predicament of “How Much” Software Quality (with M. Usman
Shakeel). Proceedings of the 26th International Conference on Software
Engineering (ICSE), The Second Workshop on Software Quality (SWSQ), May
2004, pp. 65-69.
- f2 COCOMO: Estimating Software Project Effort and Cost (with Allan Caine).
Proceedings of the 26th International Conference on Software Engineering
(ICSE), The Sixth International Workshop on Economics-Driven Software
Engineering Research (EDSER-6), May 2004, pp. 62-65.
- A Conceptual Framework for Collaborative Partner Selection in Distance Education.
Proceedings of the 2002 Academy of Management Conference, Denver, CO,
- An Electronic Commerce Framework for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises
(with Q. Tran). Data Warehousing and Web Engineering, S. Becker (ed.),
IRM Press, pp. 257-265, Hershey, PA, 2002.
- IT Staffing and Retention: A Success Story (with B. Gill). Proceedings
of the 2001 ACM SIGCPR Conference, pp. 87-92, San Diego, CA, April 2001.
This page was last updated by Anne Banks
Pidduck on April 13, 2009.