Graduate Students of Anna Lubiw
- Jayson Lynch, co-supervised with the Algorithms and Complexity group, September 2020 - present
- Ahmad Biniaz, co-supervised with Therese Biedl, September 2018 - August 2019.
currently Assistant Prof., School of Computer Science, University of Windsor.
- Philipp Kindermann, co-supervised with Therese Biedl, March 2018 - August 2018.
currently Research associate at Chair of Computer Science I, University of Würzburg, Germany
- Debajyoti Mondal, Sep. 2016 - Dec. 2017.
currently Assistant Prof., Dept. Computer Science, University of Saskatchewan
- Megan Owen, Jan. 2012 - Dec. 2013.
currently Assistant Prof., Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science, Lehman College, CUNY
- Stephan Durocher, 2007-2008.
currently Associate Prof., Dept. of Computer Science, University of Winnipeg.
- Anurag Murty Naredla, current, Visibility and Edge Centers in Polygons
- Zuzana Masarova, PhD 2020 at IST Austria,
jointly supervised with Uli Wagner and Herbert Edelsbrunner
thesis: "Reconfiguration Problems"
- Hamideh Vosoughpour, Ph.D. 2016,
thesis: "Straight Line Movement in Morphing and Pursuit Evasion".
Hamideh works at Google Waterloo.
- Vinayak Pathak, Ph.D. 2014,
thesis: "Reconfiguring Triangulations".
Vinayak is currently Associate Director, Quantitative Developer/Architect at Scotiabank in Toronto.
- Fidel Barrera-Cruz, PhD 2014,
informal co-supervision with supervisor P.E. Haxell,
thesis: "Morphing Planar Triangulations''.
Fidel is currently a software engineer at Google.
Krishnam Raju Jampani, Ph.D. 2011,
thesis: "Simultaneous Graph Representation Problems".
Raju is currently working at Crescendo Technology.
Mustaq Ahmed, Ph.D. 2009,
thesis: "Constrained Shortest Paths in Terrains and Graphs".
Mustaq works for Google, Waterloo.
Michael Spriggs, PhD 2007
co-supervised with Therese Biedl,
thesis: "Morphing Parallel Graph Drawings".
Michael works at IBM Canada.
Erik Demaine, Ph.D. 2001,
co-supervised with J.I. Munro,
thesis: "Folding and Unfolding,"
winner of a 2003 NSERC Doctoral Prize.
Erik is a faculty member at MIT.
Claudia Iturriaga, PhD 1999,
thesis: "Map Labeling Problems."
Claudia works at Agfa.
- Naji Mouawad, PhD 1996,
thesis: "Interval Graphs as Visibility
Graphs of Simple Polygons."
- Hari Titan, PhD 1993,
co-supervised with A. Vannelli, thesis: "MaxCuts in Circuit Layout,
Bitmaps and Ising Models: Algorithms and Computational Experience."
- Jack Spalding-Jamieson, current, co-supervised with Therese Biedl.
- Reza Bigdeli, current
- Graeme Stroud, current.
- Owen Merkel, M.Math 2020
co-supervised with Therese Biedl
thesis: "Building a larger class of graphs for efficient reconfiguration of vertex colouring"
- Kshitij Jain M. Math 2018,
thesis: ``Minimum Shared-Power Edge Cut".
- Shikha Mahajan, M. Math 2017,
thesis: ``Interval Representations of Edge Weighted Graphs".
- Sweta Barman M. Math, 2017.
- Stephen Kiazyk, M. Math, 2014,
thesis, ``The Star Unfolding from a Geodesic Curve''.
Stephen currently works for Google.
- Yizhe Zeng, M. Math, 2014,
thesis, ``The Visibility Freeze-Tag Problem''.
Yizhe works at Amazon, Vancouver.
- Taylor Gordon, M. Math 2010,
co-supervised with J.I. Munro, thesis: ``Simultaneously Embedding Planar
Graphs at Fixed Vertex Locations".
Taylor works at Google, Mountain View.
- Steve Bahun, M. Math 2008
thesis: "Algorithms for Optimizing Search Schedules in a Polygon"
Mina Razaghpour, M. Math 2008
"The Steiner Ratio for the Obstacle-Avoiding Steiner Tree Problem"
- Ben Lafreniere, M.Math 2008
thesis: "Packing Unit Disks"
Ben is currently at Microsoft Research, after completing a PhD at UofT.
Brendan Lucier, M.Math 2006,
co-supervised with Ian Munro,
thesis: "Unfolding and Reconstructing Polyhedra"
Brendan is currently in the PhD program at UofT.
Luke Tanur, M.Math 2005,
thesis: "A Geometric Approach to Pattern Matching in Polyphonic Music."
- Julie Sun, M.Math 1999,
thesis: "Folding Orthogonal Polyhedra."
- Nora Sleumer, M.Math 1993,
thesis: "Outerplanar Graphs as Proximity Graphs."
Nora completed her PhD at ETH, Zurich and is currently
Prosenjit Bose, M.Math 1991,
co-supervised by J.I. Munro,
thesis: "Visibility in Simple Polygons."
Jit completed his PhD at McGill University, and is a faculty
member at Carleton University.
- Paul Colley, M.Math 1991,
thesis: "Visibility Graphs of Uni-monotone Polygons."
Paul completed his PhD at Queen's University.
Michael Hutton, M.Math 1990,
thesis: "Upward Planar Drawing of Single Source Acyclic Digraphs."
Mike completed his PhD at U of T, and is working for
Krishna Gopinathan, M.Math 1988,
essay: "Decomposing a Graph Uniquely into Triconnected Components."
Krishna is CEO of