[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NAFTA, Capitalism and Alternatives: Debate, pt.1

I agree.  If we want to talk about development in realistic terms we are
talking capitalism.  That is why in practical terms, all the weeping and
teeth grinding over the concept of capitalism is a waste of time.  We
should be discussing development, not fixating on how sentimental we feel
about anti-capitalist rhetoric.  Our adolescent memories of righteous
indignation with the injustices of the world and the attachment of our
egos to symbols of bygone Marxist heroes and May Day rallies are pathetic
excuses for serious analysis of problems of ordinary people who live and
breathe.

Victor