Harassment in the Workplace

We sincerely hope that no one experiences problems on co-op but if you do, please tell a professional; harassment may escalate when problems are not reported.

If you are enrolled in co-op, you should read this story that educates co-op students about harassment in the workplace.

Educating co-op students about workplace harassment

If you experience problems on co-op, you are encouraged to approach your CECA student advisor, or to approach one of the two CECA advisors who specialize in reports of harassment.

A new Sexual Violence Response Coordinator (SVRC) works outside CECA and is responsible for providing support to students, faculty and staff who experience sexual harassment or sexual violence. (Sexual harassment falls under UW’s definition of sexual violence, and is covered by Policy 42 and by the SVRC. The SVRC provides support whether or not an official complaint is made.) 

Harassment and Discrimination

In addition, the Office on Conflict Management and Human Rights has a very useful page on sexual harassment — what it is, and what to do if it happens to you, whether it happens while on study term or on co-op.  It also lists a number of people who you can talk to, and their contact information.

Sexual Harassment

Campus Resources

You can also speak to Counselling Services. They provide a variety of resources to help you if you are experiencing harassment.

Counselling Services

You can contact Jo Atlee, the Director of WiCS, if you are not supported by the above professionals.