Starting in May, we begin the process of purchasing new equipment:
- Stage One: The beginning of the new fiscal year
-- Of the X number of servers to be purchased, the majority is purchased in this stage
--Equipment for the August Evergreening of Undergrad Labs
--First of two rounds of equipment needed for the Evergreening of CS Executive, staff, lecturer, sessional and Instructional Support Group desktop/laptop computers, monitors and printers.
- Stage Two: Mid-Summer in preparation of the September term
-- The equipment needed for the estimated # of new Graduate students
-- Any server not already purchased in stage one that is needed for the start of the September term
- Stage Three: December in preparation of the January term
-- Any server not already purchased in stage one or two that is needed for the start of the Winter term
-- If needed, equipment for the new Graduate students for the start of the Winter term
- Stage Four: Budget Year End, mid February to end of March
-- Any server not yet purchased
-- If needed, equipment for the new Graduate students for the start of the Spring term
-- The last round of equipment needed for the Evergreening of CS Executive, staff, lecturer, sessional and Instructional Support Group desktop/laptop computers, monitors and printers.
- Using the 2019-2020 Proposed Budget, I create the Work Requests for the purchasing of all the budget line items
- Management creates the Work Requests needed to turn what we will be purchasing into it's intended use. They assign staff,priority and timeline to the Work Requests.
At the beginning of each Stage:
- Specifications and quantities are finalized
- Request for quotes are sent out to vendors.
- Purchase Requisitions are generated and PO's sent to vendors
- When the equipment arrives they are processed (unpacked, assembled if needed, bar coded, E&I entries created) and then stored
- The staff assigned to the Work Requests dealing with the new equipment, do what is needed to the equipment as outlined in the Work Requests, following the timeline that management has specified.
Information about the Unit4 Codes that CSCF uses.