- Vision Statement
Guidelines and Practices
- Quick Links
Provide a base level of services that everyone in
School of Computer Science
has access to and the other two CSCF groups can build on.
Build infrastructure with technology based on
and scalable redundant peer-reviewed designs.
Prefer modern automatable "fire-proof" infrastructures
rather than building a better "fire-truck", "unicorns"
or fight individual fires.
Resources are prioritised based on
general need (size of potential user base),
reduction of staff maintenance time,
and monetary cost.
for others to
Infrastructure Group's Internal Notes on:
This part of the documentation tree is still being rebuilt
and should not be concidered complete.
- DNS Naming Guidelines
- Guidelines for creating CSCF Infrastructure Group recommended fully qualified DNS names.
- CSCF Infrastructure Group equipment refresh schedules.
- Life Cycles
- CSCF Infrastructure Group Life Cycles.
Fiscal Budget Life Cycle
Ubuntu LTS Operating System (OS) deployment life cycle
- Information on the Schools' networking history, connectivity and setup.
- Renovation Guidelines
- Renovation Guidelines that the CSCF Infrastructure Group Recommends.
- Standard Platforms
- Standard platforms that CSCF Infrastructure uses.
Quick links to
- CSCF: provided Services:
- CSCF: Who Does What?
- CSCF: Point of Contact (PoC) Assignments
- SCS: Courses: